Saturday, October 13, 2007

Old Iron Works Days 2007

The Marler family has been making the trip to Meramec Springs for Old Iron Works Days for as long as I can remember. There were a number of years that we missed because our family was living in Farmington, and my siblings and I were teenagers who couldn't be bothered by such things. But some of our fondest family memories as children were going to Meramec Springs, so we've decided to continue the tradition with Ellie. Ellie attended her first Old Iron Works days last year, when she was about 7 weeks old, but this year she seemed to enjoy herself much more.
She got to swing and play on the slides...which led to a little bit of a fit when we pryed her fingers away from the swing chains to move on to something new.
... she got to pet some goats. And by "pet" some goats, I mean try to stick her fingers in their mouths and noses.
... she got to sit on a blanket on the big hill and listen to some fiddlin' bluegrass music and watch some so-so cloggers (Hi Aunt Lala).
... and she got to play on some of the old playground equipment that I remember playing on as a child. My parents have a picture of me and Andrew on this same horse and wagon, when I was about 3 years old...the horse was so much larger in my memory.
All in all, it was a fun, fall day, and the beginning of many future trips to Meramec Springs.

No comments: