Monday, March 02, 2009

3 weeks and counting...

It has been a while since I've updated the blog, and I've been getting numerous requests (or threats) to post something new, so I thought I'd oblige. While I have lots of new pictures on my camera, I have yet to find the time to download them to my computer, so this will be a text only post. I'm hoping to get some pics posted next week when I'm off work.

Yes, this is my last week of work before my maternity leave begins. I'm still feeling pretty good, but it is starting to get more uncomfortable sitting at a desk all day, so I'm looking forward to the time off. I'm hoping to go full term, because I have a lot of projects (cleaning and organization) to get through during the 2 weeks before my due date.

I had my 37 week appointment today, and Ellie and Gran joined me. Ellie and Jason came with me to the 35 week appointment a couple of weeks ago, so of course Ellie was now the expert on visiting Mommy's doctor. She led Gran into the waiting room, told her how we had to sit down, get a magazine, and wait for the doctor. I always take the early morning appointments since I go into the office afterwards, which means I rarely have to wait long for the doctor, and today was no exception.

The nurse soon called my name, and we all headed into an exam room. As soon as we laid our coats down, Ellie asked, "Mom, you gonna take your pants off?" Nope, nothing gets past her. Ellie only has to hear or see something one time, and it is forever ingrained on her brain, which is one of the reasons why modesty is a big deal in our home. Since she was at my previous appointment, she kind of knew what happens at the appointments later in the pregnancy, although she was only allowed to stay in the exam room with me to hear the baby's heartbeat, and then she waited outside.

She's rather captivated by the little swish, swish sound of the baby's heartbeat, and I must admit that I am too. As much as I feel him moving around day and night, it is always such a comfort to actually hear the heartbeat, nice and strong. We can't wait for him to make his debut!

No comments: