Sunday, May 03, 2009

Max and Ruby...I mean Ellie

The happy family, minus the family photographer.


During my pregnancy with Max, Ellie announced that she also had a baby in her tummy. Once we decided on the name, Max, Ellie started calling her baby, Ruby (All you moms will understand that from the Max & Ruby cartoon). She would talk about Ruby anytime we talked about Max.


After Max was born, we asked Ellie if Ruby was also born, but she would always say, "Nope, not yet." She began to say that maybe Ruby would be born at the hospital in a few months. When we were going to the hospital to wait for baby Ella's arrival, Ellie mentioned that Ruby may also be born, but alas, Ruby has decided to stay in Ellie's tummy a while longer.


Today Ellie was carrying around a baby doll, and brought her to me to hold for her, saying to the doll, "You're too heavy. I can't hold you while I have Ruby in my tummy." Do you think we scarred her by telling her I couldn't carry her around while I was pregnant with Max?

No comments: