Wednesday, July 22, 2009

How was your day?

So I picked Ellie up from school today, and as soon as she was buckled into her seat and we were driving off I started asking questions about her day....Did you have fun? What did you learn? Did you have circle time? Did you get to play on the playground? Do you know any of the kids names yet? Now mind you, this is only Ellie's second day of school, but I still couldn't help myself. Most of her answers were yes or no, and I began to realize how my parents must have felt when I'd come home from school to the proverbial "How was your day?" and my answer would always be "fine." Come on, Ellie, I just want a little information.

Eventually I came to a question that brought out a little more info..."Did you get along with everyone in your class?" Ellie's response was "the girl with the Elmo backpack hit me!" GASP! I immediately started with more questions to find out what happened or if it had been provoked (not by my little angel, HA!), but she insisted that she didn't do anything to her. The girl with the Elmo backpack just wanted to play with Ellie's toy. Now I know that this is completely normal, no one was really hurt, and we are still talking about young 2 1/2 -almost-3-year-olds, but I think I may have to hang around outside Ellie's class when I drop her off on Friday morning to catch a glimpse of the girl with the Elmo backpack.

No comments: