Sunday, August 02, 2009

Go Cards!

We all went to our first Cards game of the season recently. My dad had tickets in the BJC suite, so the whole family got to go, and boy is that the way to take young children to the ballgame. We had air-conditioned seating inside (although it was a beautiful day that day), comfortable chairs and sofas to rest on, all the food and drink we wanted, and a private restroom (the best part in my opinion). And if we wanted to sit outside in real stadium seating, we had an awesome view right behind home plate.

Not only was this our family's first game of the season, it was Ellie's and Max's first game ever. In the days leading up to the game, Jason was getting so excited he could hardly stand it. He LOVES baseball, and especially loves being at the stadium, so he was really looking forward to sharing that experience with his kids.

Ellie quickly learned when to say "CHARGE!" with the crowd, and would raise her arm in the air each time. She was also very excited to see Fred Bird, and thought it was hilarious when she saw him eat a little boy's head on the jumbotron.

Papi with the grandkids. Thanks, Dad, for a fun afternoon.

My sister and her family also joined us. Look at how adorable Ella looks in her Cards gear and bow.


Even though I work across the street from Busch Stadium and see it all the time, we still had to do the geeky, touristy type of photos.

2 comments:

La Familia Higgy said...

Man, I miss Cards games. I remember watching Ozzie Smith play!

Jason, I think you'd look cooler with a HugaMonkey baby sling.

Jason, Katie, Ellie, Max and Will said...

I think my HugaMonkey sling would be a little tight on Jason. But I did just recommend the HugaMonkey sling to a friend of mine who was specifically asking what kind of sling I use. I'll be waiting on my commission.