Thursday, November 26, 2009

I'm thankful for cuteness




We were blessed to get to spend Thanksgiving with our families. The Marler side came up to our house on Thursday for the big meal (minus my dad who has been fighting a nasty upper respiratory thing for a while). I had responsibility for the turkey and my mom handled most of the sides. I was a little nervous because the turkey is the major component of the meal, and it was my first turkey solo. But Jason and I delivered a pretty tasty bird, if I do say so myself. The kids were all just as cute as ever and enjoyed being together.

The day after Thanksgiving, also known as Turkey Sandwich Friday, was spent with the Freed side of the family. I think Jason looks forward to Turkey Sandwich Friday more than actual Thanksgiving. It has become a bit of a competition with some of the Freed guys as to who can put together the bigger, tastier, more impressive turkey sandwich each year. This year there were even "buns" made out of fried cornbread stuffing. It was quite amazing.

I'm very thankful to have such a loving, healthy, happy family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.