Saturday, September 17, 2011

Walk to End Alzheimer's

On September 17, we met at Busch Stadium to participate in the Walk to End Alzheimer's.  This is a cause that is near and dear to our hearts, as both Jason's Grandma and Grandpa Pohlman have been afflicted with this terrible disease.  Jason's Grandma lost her battle in June, and his Grandpa is still fighting it.

When Jason saw an announcement for the walk, we decided to put a little team together and make a very modest goal to raise $200.  Well, our little team turned into 20 people and we ended up raising close to $2,000, with the help and support of very generous friends and family!  

We were happy to contribute to this worthwhile cause if in just a small way, and it was lots of fun to participate in the walk.  I'm sure Jason will say that the coolest part was that the walk began and ended in Busch Stadium, including a final lap around the field.




During our final lap around the field, Jason's uncle, Scott, decided to go for the fly ball.  I can't believe I caught it with my camera.

Then of course, not to be outdone, Jason went for his own fly ball, with the appropriate sign in the background.  I'm sure he would want me to say that I was a little slow on the trigger and didn't snap the picture at the height of his jump.  He actually got a lot more air than it seems from this picture.



We've got our work cut out for us next year to try to top the amazing results of our inaugural year, but I'm sure we can do it.  Go Team Pohlman!

P.S. The Stroh's hat Jason is sporting is in honor of his Grandpa, but it still embarrasses the kids.  Aren't they too young to be embarrassed by their parents?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Wow! That's fantastic! Way to go, Team Pohlman! And I had NO idea his grandma passed away. I'm sorry to hear this. Let us know, please, they next time you are fundraising.